Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Shampooing Technique

This may not be a "new" technique per say, but I came up it out of necessity. My hair is 8 weeks post and very difficult to manage right now. I can barely get a comb through and when I do try to detangle it alot of breakage happens.

This morning instead of simply hopping in the shower and doing my shampoo, I sat down armed with a wide tooth comb and my trusty coconut oil and went to work. I divided my hair into quarters. On each quarter, I separated it into small sections and drenched the new growth with the coconut oil. I massaged it into my scalp and let it sit for a bit before combing it through. Miraculously, combing it through was a breeze! Once the section was combed through I plaited it and tucked it under.
I did lose some hair in the process, but I think it was a lot less than if I had tried to detangle after shampooing.

I think I will wash my hair in the same way (i.e. in sections). We'll see how this goes.

No comments: