Monday, September 22, 2008

fast-gro regimen - week 2

this is my documentation of my experience with Kena's 13wk Fast-Gro Regimen.Products used:

Based scalp with Mizani Confiderm scalp oil overnight
Clarified with Nexxus Aloe Rid Shampoo & Treatment
Deep conditioned for 20 mins with 1/2 Mizani Hydrafuse and 1/2 Mizani Kerafuse
Rinsed with Aussie Moist conditioner to give better slip
Leave in Conditioners - Infusium 23 diluted with water and Lacio Lacio
Rollerset with a dime sized amount of Fantasia IC Hair Polish (in pink bottle)

Results:It's the first week after my relaxer and the clarifying went really well. My hair was not tangled after the shampoo, but got a little tangled after the treatment.The recommendation was 1cup Hydrafuse and 1 cup Kerafuse, but I found this was too much for my hair so I lessened it to about 1/4 cup each (I just eye-balled it...no time for precise measurements). I was able to get coverage like a virgin relaxer. The deep conditioner went okay, my hair wasn't tangled, but after washing out it didn't have the slip I like so I followed with the Aussie Moist conditioner. Combing out under the shower was fairly easy.
After the rollerset, I combed out and wrapped. I noticed a little breakage while brushing into the wrap. This is nothing new, as far as I can remember this has always happened to my hair.Overall the results were good, but not fantastic. I think my hair has some kind of love hate relationship with protein. Some weeks it responds well, other times it doesn't.

Let's see what week 3 has to hold.... to be continued.

No comments: