Saturday, September 27, 2008

fast gro regimen - week 3

This is my documentation of my experience with Kena's 13wk Fast-Gro Regimen.Products used:

VO5 Hot oil treatmentShampooed with Nexxus Therappe Shampoo
Deep conditioned for 20 mins with Nexxus Humectress
Rinsed with Smooth Down Butter Treat
Leave in Conditioners - Infusium 23 diluted with water and Lacio Lacio
Rollerset with Fantasia IC Hair Polish (in pink bottle)

Results:
I found one of the 1-minute VO5 hot treatment vials in my cupboard so I decided to use it since I've had really good results with these in the past (I'd almost forgotten how good these were.) Maybe I'll start using them more often again.Anyhow I shampooed with Therappe (I love the way this shampoo smells -like pure cocounut) and it did not tangle my hair in the slightest. Even after 2 applications, my hair was reasonably detangled.I applied the Humectress, worked it in and then plastic capped and sat under the dryer for what was to be 10 mins. I actually lost track of time, (no doubt from watching tv) so I actually spent 20 mins under the dryer.I rinsed and applied Redken Smooth Down Butter just to see if it would have any additional detangling properties. To me it didn't....my hair started to feel slightly tangled. I had to follow with more Humectress to correct how the Redken left my hair feeling. I combed through under the shower and then applied Lacio Lacio (this stuff is A-MAZ-ING!!), IC Hair polish and rollerset with heavily diluted Infusium 23.I've taken out the rollers and pin-curled. This is one of my first times pin-curling so I hope it works out well. They were very comfortable to sleep in last night.I haven't combed out the curls yet, but I didn't really notice much breakage this week in the shower. Normally my drain is clogged with hair but this week all went well.Last week I moisturized daily with Silken Child (love how this smells too) and a mix of coconut and castor oils. This actually worked well for me. I find I prefer a little oil every day after my moisturizer. My hair feels very soft and silky.Overall the results were good. I like the fact that I shed less hair and experienced less breakage than normal this past week.

Let's see what week 4 has to hold.... to be continued.

No comments: