Monday, September 22, 2008

the importance of vitamins

do you sometimes feel that your whole hair regimin is all for naught? That's how I felt for the past few weeks. As much as I pre-pooed, DCed and protective styled, it just seemed as though my hair was not responding and in fact to me it starting looking worse than when I first began back in April. I do know it takes time to figure out what works best for your hair etc. and patience is key so I've decided to not "cry over spilled milk" and just keep plugging away at it.In my opinion I've been taking really good care of my hair - heat only to DC and rollerset, lots of moisture, silk pillowcases to reduce friction while sleeping, and a minimum of protein. I'm to the point now where I feel as though I need to work on my hair from the inside out. I started with a cleanse 2 weeks ago to remove any buildup of toxins in my body and now I'll be adding a couple things to my existing vitamin "cocktail". In addition to taking my regular multivitamin and garlic pills, I'll be adding cod liver oil, b-complex, silica and the occassional hair vitamin. Taking pills is not my strong point, but I will try to stick with it until December. I've also started using castor oil to help thicken my hair.

No comments: